Sonic September: A mini-festival of electroacoustic music
Ron Ball Studio, CSO Centre, Christchurch Town Hall, September 3-4, 2021
As part of the upcoming mini-festival of electroacoustic music Sonic September, the Christchurch Symphony Orchestra are searching for works from composers of electroacoustic music for a specially curated concert by new and emerging artists. The call is open to composers of any nationality currently living and working in Aotearoa New Zealand, but preference will be given to composers aged under 30 with a strong connection to the Canterbury region, and who plan to attend the performance in person.
Submissions from those traditionally underrepresented in electroacoustic music, including but not limited to female, gender diverse, and Māori or Pasifika composers, are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Fixed media up to 8 channels
- Live electronics and / or instruments are possible, but it is the composer's responsibility to provide performers and additional technical equipment
- Duration is open, but works under 10 minutes are preferred
Please submit the following information via email to [email protected] by midnight, Friday, July 16th, using the subject line "Submission" :
1) Streaming link to a Stereo version of the submitted work (Soundcloud, dropbox, bandcamp, google drive)
2) One PDF document including the following information:
- Title, program note, and year of composition
- Technical requirements
- Curriculum vitae and short biography
General inquirires: [email protected]