Independent Music NZ [IMNZ] is thrilled to announce the 15 international guests from the music industry who are set to grace the stage at the much-anticipated Going Global Music Summit in New Zealand. Festival bookers, promoters, record labels and label services will be among those to share their knowledge with summit attendees.
Going Global™ Music Summit is scheduled for Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd September at Roundhead Studios in Tāmaki Makaurau/Auckland. It promises to provide a transformative platform for local musicians and industry professionals to propel their careers onto the global stage. Through a series of insightful keynote speeches, panel discussions, workshops, and networking opportunities, attendees will have the chance to learn from the best in the industry and gain valuable insights and connections into expanding their careers beyond New Zealand's borders.
The confirmed international speakers include:
- Adam Ryan - Head of Music, The Great Escape Festival / Festival Republic, UK
- Dev Sherlock - Senior Music Programmer, SXSW, USA
- Patrick Daniel - Programmer / Project Manager, Reeperbahn Festival, GERMANY
- Vaughan Quinn - Head of Programming, Meredith & Golden Plains, AUST
Management / Artist:
- Tom Larkin - BIGSOUND / The Home Surgery / Shihad, NZ/AU
Marketing / PR:
- Jacob Daneman - Pitch Perfect PR, USA
- Kodi McKinney - Partner, Co-Founder, Marauder / Port Authority Music Export Academy, USA
Music Supervisor / Sync:
- Jackie Palazzolo - Music Supervisor, Riot Games, USA
- Kate English - Promoter, Parallel Lines, UK
- Silke Westera - Promoter, FKP Scorpio, GERMANY
Labels & Label Services
- Hallie Anderson - Founder, Rareform, USA
- Maria Amato - Australian Independent Record Labels Assc (AIR), AU
- Nando Machado - Founder/Director, ForMusic, Brazil
- Sweetie Zamora - Head Of Labels & Promotions, Remote Control, AU
- Tony Kiewel - President, Sub Pop Records, USA
Each speaker brings a unique perspective and invaluable knowledge gained from years of experience in the global music scene. Covering topics from the advance of A.I. to how to make the most of the latest social media trends, and international tour planning to music sync licensing, their expertise will empower local musicians and industry professionals to strengthen their presence in the international music landscape.
"We are incredibly excited to host such a diverse and accomplished lineup of international speakers for the Going Global MusicSummit," said Pippa Ryan-Kidd, Chairperson at IMNZ. As results show from past Going Global conferences, their insights and experiences will undoubtedly inspire and equip our local talent with the tools they need to succeed on the global stage. We are also very excited they will get to witness 21 incredible Kiwi bands showcasing at Going Global Presents across the two nights.”
In addition to the international speakers, the summit will also feature prominent figures from the New Zealand music industry, who will offer insights into the local music landscape, and current trends and give insights to artists, managers and their teams on how to make the most of their business within New Zealand with a view to expanding into international territories.
- Ant Healey - Head, NZ Division, APRA AMCOS, NZ
- Cath Andersen - CEO, NZ Music Commission, NZ
- Dean Cameron - Member Services Manager, Recorded Music NZ, NZ
- Jo Oliver - CEO, Recorded Music NZ, NZ
- Pip Ryan-Kidd - IMNZ Chairperson, NZ
The Going Global Music Summit represents an unparalleled opportunity for New Zealand's music community to connect, collaborate, and grow in an increasingly interconnected world. It is an event not to be missed by anyone looking to expand their career and make waves on the international music scene.
For more information about the event, including the full speaker lineup and registration details, please visit https://indies.co.nz/going-global/
TICKETING DIRECT LINK HERE