Not a member yet? Join APRA AMCOS

Already started a Writer Member application? Continue

Co-writing splits and registering your works

Who owns a song? A guide to co-writing splits and registering works

Registering works with APRA AMCOS

Once you have agreement on song split percentages, make sure you register the song with APRA AMCOS asap. This is called a work registration. You can quickly and easily register your works in the APRA AMCOS Writer Portal, or in the APRA AMCOS for Music Creators App.

Don’t wait until the song has been played, performed or released before this happens! You need to register your works before they can earn royalties.

Can song splits be changed after a work is registered?

After a song has been registered with us, we require permission from ALL the co-owners (co-writers AND publishers) to change it. This can prove almost impossible if relationships within bands or between co-witers have broken down.