Not a member yet? Join APRA AMCOS

Already started a Writer Member application? Continue

Licence information guides

We've created a series of guides explaining our different music licences in plain English. You can view or print each guide.

Cue Sheets

A cue sheet is a record of all the songs and compositions used in a film and television production. We need these for every locally produced program broadcast in Australia, regardless of how the music was sourced.

Get the guide

Online Mini Licence information guide

The Online Mini Licence covers online services earning less than NZ$12,000 a year with low levels of music.

View or download your copy of the Online Mini Licence information guide (PDF 446 KB)

Audio Manufacture licence information guide

If you want to release your own physical recording (such as a CD, live DVD or vinyl) you can get an Audio Manufacture Licence to cover your use of the musical work.

View or download your copy of the Audio Manufacture Licence information guide (PDF 551 KB)

Dealing directly with songwriters and music publishers information guide

You don't have to go through APRA AMCOS to legally play music - you can deal directly with the songwriters or publishers who own the rights.

View the guide

Political Parties’ guide to music licensing

While there’s little doubt that music can empower political messages and galvanise supporters, political parties should be aware of the complexity and risks involved when using music for political purposes at events and in videos, whether on social media or in advertising.

View the guide