Not a member yet? Join APRA AMCOS

Already started a Writer Member application? Continue

Copying Music

Business reproduction?

Many businesses use background music supplied by professional companies that specialise in the field of music curation. If you supply music to businesses you will require the permission of the copyright owners of the music you supply. Find out more.

Copying music to supply your customers with either background music services and/or music on hold - or if you choose to copy music from CDs and/or a digital service for use in your own business - you require a licence from OneMusic. OneMusic is a joint initiative between APRA AMCOS and Recorded Music NZ that administers the public performance and limited copying of music. Find out more more information regarding OneMusic and the Music Dubbing licence.

If you copy music for the purpose of karaoke, music quizzes or DJ’ing, you may require a licence with AMCOS. Please contact us via the details below to discuss further.