Not a member yet? Join APRA AMCOS

Already started a Writer Member application? Continue

Releasing music

Releasing CD, USB, Vinyl or DVD* as an artist or smaller label

If you want to release a physical recording which includes covers, you require an Audio Manufacturing Licence to cover your use of the musical work.

* To release a live performance in video form on a physical product, please contact us for further information.

What you need to know before applying for a licence

  • Licence processing can take between three to six weeks depending on the complexity of application.
  • Granting of your licence is dependent on payment of the tax invoice/s and payment options.
  • The Audio Manufacture Licence only applies to physical copies. If you would like to make copyright works available digitally please email our digital team

When you are ready to commence the licence process, after selecting licence application below, right click and select ""Save As"" to save a copy of the document (pdf) to your computer before filling out the application.

Licence your release (PDF 338 KB)

Where your money goes

The licence fees you pay are distributed in the most economical and accurate way possible. Read about our cost to revenue ratio.

We ask licensees to provide tracklists with all applications. This ensures licence fees are distributed to the correct songwriters and composers.