NZ On Air and Naked PR present the Student Radio Network Awards
7PM, December 11, 2021
The Student Radio Network is a union of radio stations that represent the heart & conscience of Aotearoa's contemporary, alternative community. 95bFM, Radio Control, Radio Active, RDU 98.5FM, and Radio One 91FM have a deep musical kaupapa within Aotearoa, platforming unique and authentic voices.
The Student Radio Network Awards, with funding from NZ On Air, will celebrate the musicians, broadcasters and volunteers who breathe life into these stations.
"We are stoked to be announcing the first Student Radio Network Awards, celebrating the achievements of the artists the SRN supports and the dedication of our people behind the scenes.” says 95bFM Station Manger Caitlin McIlhagga. Sean Norling of Radio One echoes those sentiments “We tautoko the freshest local music to the bone, so these awards are an authentic celebration of our amazing musical community.” “I'm especially grateful the awards can go ahead during the changing Covid restrictions” says Jennifer Kyle from Radio Active. “Now more than ever the musical community needs some positivity and reason to celebrate.”
The Student Radio Network Awards will be live-streamed as well as broadcast simultaneously on all five stations from 7 PM on December 11.
Throughout the evening, the following awards will be presented:
- Outstanding Contribution to 95bFM brought to you by Progear
- 95bFM's Favourite Song of 2021 brought to you by Auckland UNESCO City of Music
- Outstanding Contribution to Radio Control brought to you by MUSA (Massey University Students’ Association)
- Radio Control's Favourite Song of 2021 brought to you by MUSA (Massey University Students’ Association)
- Outstanding Contribution to Radio Active brought to you by Parrotdog Bar
- Radio Active's Favourite Song of 2021 brought to you by Hills Hats
- Outstanding Contribution to RDU
- RDU Favourite Song of 2021 brought you MAINZ
- Outstanding Contribution to Radio One 91FM brought to you by OUSA (Otago University Students’ Association)
- Radio One 91FM's Favourite Song of 2021 brought to you by OUSA (Otago University Students’ Association)
- Favourite Single brought to you by Independent Music New Zealand
- Favourite EP / Mixtape brought to you by Recorded Music New Zealand
- Favourite Album brought to you by APRA AMCOS NZ
- Favourite Solo Act brought to you by Southern Comfort
- Favourite Group brought to you by Roundhead Studios
- People's Choice Award brought to you by Parrotdog
- 2021 SRN Top 10 brought to you by Audioculture
- Outstanding Achievement Award brought to you by New Zealand Music Commission
Terms & Conditions:
The Student Radio Network acknowledge Māori as tangata whenua and Treaty of Waitangi partners in Aotearoa New Zealand.
All artists who have had a song playlisted by at least one of the stations that make up the Student Radio Network (95bFM, Radio Control, Radio Active, RDU, and Radio One 91FM) between November 1, 2020 - November 1, 2021 are eligible to receive an award, this includes People's Choice Award.
The Programme Directors from each station (95bFM, Radio Control, Radio Active, RDU, and Radio One 91FM) will create a shortlist for the following awards: Favourite Single / Favourite EP or Mixtape / Favourite Album / Favourite Solo Act / Favourite Group / People's Choice Award. The Programme Directors will then decide who wins each award.
The Station Manager from each station (95bFM, Radio Control, Radio Active, RDU, and Radio One 91FM) will choose who wins their Outstanding Contribution Award from their region.
The DJs from each station (95bFM, Radio Control, Radio Active, RDU, and Radio One 91FM), will be eligible to vote for their favourite song from their region. The song with the highest amount of votes will win.
The Student Radio Network will not tolerate prejudice and/or hateful comments such as racism, homophobia, sexism, misogyny, ableism or other forms of hate-speech, or contributions that could be interpreted as such.
Voting for the People’s Choice Award closes at midnight on December 9, 2021.
In order to safeguard the integrity of the Student Radio Network Awards, Student Radio Network, and its commercial partners, the Student Radio Network reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to take appropriate action to uphold these expectations. In particular, the Student Radio Network Award winners will be expected to uphold and maintain the aforementioned values.
In the spirit of open communication and constant improvement, we encourage people to speak up if they wish to raise any issue, concern or complaint. You can do this by email to any of the following people:
Caitlin McIlhagga, Station Manager of 95bFM: [email protected]
Jennifer Kyle, Station Manager of Radio Active: [email protected]
Zac Arnold, Creative Director of Naked PR: [email protected]
For independent and external support and information about harassment or sexual harm please refer to the support services listed at soundcheckaotearoa.co.nz/#Safety
The Student Radio Network Awards
Founding Partners: 95bFM / Radio Control / Radio Active / RDU / Radio One
Official Partners: NZ On Air / Naked PR
Supporting Partners: APRA AMCOS NZ / Auckland UNESCO City of Music / Audioculture, / Hills Hats / Independent Music New Zealand / MAINZ / MUSA (Massey University Students’ Association) / New Zealand Music Commission / Parrotdog / Parrotdog Bar / Progear / Recorded Music New Zealand / OUSA (Otago University Students’ Association) / Roundhead Studios / Southern Comfort