Get your diary out, because we have a date for our 2020 Silver Scroll Award ceremony broadcast: Wednesday 28 October, 7.30pm, on YouTube!
Amidst the ongoing uncertainty around Covid restrictions, a couple of weeks ago we had to make the decision to host this year's Silver Scrolls Awards ceremony online. The great news is that means you can all join us for the special live streamed event! We’ve been busy pulling together incredible performances and presentations which will be filmed around Aotearoa in Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch, and think we’ve come up with a show that is a beautiful reflection of our music community, which has had such a challenging year.
On Wednesday October 28th at 7:30pm, join us in a celebration of the incredible songs and songwriters that have made 2020 a special year for Aotearoa music.
The five remarkable songs nominated for the Silver Scroll Award this year are:
- Don't You Know Who I Am, written and performed by Reb Fountain
- Get The Devil Out, written and performed by Nadia Reid
- Glitter, written by Stella Bennett, Joshua Fountain and Djeisan Suskov, performed by Benee
- In the Air, written by Arapekanga Adams-Tamatea, Brad Kora, Stuart Kora, Joel Shadbolt, and Miharo Gregory, performed by L.A.B
- Mighty Invader, written and performed by Troy Kingi
Alongside the announcement of this year's Silver Scroll winner, we will be presenting the APRA Maioha Award, SOUNZ Contemporary Award and the APRA Best Original Music in a Feature Film and in a Series Awards. And as always, we are excited to share with you a very special series of performances of each of our five Silver Scroll nominees and Award Winners.
Join us live on our YouTube channel on the 28th of October thanks to NZ On Air and Te Māngai Pāho.